The Retreat Project mission is to improve the lives of low income and under-served cancer survivors through specialized yoga retreats, classes and scholarships. Today, we help hundreds of survivors build strength, hope and community, tomorrow we will help millions.
The Retreat Project launched in August 2012 and is a NY State non-profit and is tax exempt as a 501(c)3. The current organization is entirely volunteer. These volunteers – like the mission statement – are dedicated to improving the lives of low income or underserved cancer survivors through yoga and other modalities. Some of the team are survivors, some are yogis, some are business people but all are believers that yoga can help cancer survivors live longer, healthier and happier lives.
Board Members & Volunteers
- Tari Prinster – Founder & President
- Josi Kytle – Board Member (Treasurer & Secretary) – Managing Director
- Lindsey Pearson – Board Member
- Jeannine Bishop – Board Member
- Sheilagh Falcigno – Board Member
- Deb Flateman – Volunteer – Development & Grant Manager
- Dale O’Reilly – Team Member
Want to get involved? We need help from paperwork to events to business strategy. If you are interested, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.